Monday, June 29, 2009

who knew one could get so home sick

As I sit here in this dark musky basement apartment I can't help but think of home.
I miss everything about it.

The huge mountains that surround us, Dry heat, this humidity is not fun, Going camping with our friends, Motorcycle rides up the canyon, Cuddling up in our fluffy bed, The tall weeds that never seem to go away in our back yard, Working in our yard, Watching TV in bed with my mom, Alec's big hairy husky, Jack, Costco tortillas, Dinner and a movie with the girls, Sunday dinners at my parents, Waking up and making pancakes in my kitchen, Growing tomatoes in our garden, Most of all I miss my family.

I'm sad I missed (and am going to miss)...
Alec opening his mission call, Family visiting from out of town, My first niece being born, Family parties and reunions, My brother in law being home, Pete's Party, The 24th of July celebration in Oakley, Friends weddings, the block party.
I'm ready to come home!

As home sick as I am, I am still grateful for this opportunity we have to be here. I have been able learn things that I never thought I could do like, make bread and crochet. I am grateful that we are here with our friends. I would die without them. It has been nice to be able to lay out at the pool to relax and get a tan. The club house has a gym so we have been working out every morning to get back in shape. I am now able to say that I have worked at a grocery store. I have had the time to read. I enjoy reading now. My favorite thing about being here is going to Chicago. I am in love with that city! I need to enjoy everything about this place because when am I ever going to be in Wisconsin again?!

4 comments:

Jenkins said...

I freaken love you!!! Dont worry it will all end soon...and you will miss being out there! I PROMISE!!!

KD said...

AMEN!!!! I am TOTALLY on the same page with all the homesickness... I am jealous that you have your husband with you. My mom told me today that things will get better and that this is going to be an amazing experience filled with tons of memories. I am excited for a chance to go to Chicago. LOVE YOU!!!!

Ann Graves Matthews said...

I MISS YOU, TOO!!!!! Trust me, you're here in spirit, if not, at least on the phone!

Brittany said...

I miss you too Haley! Can't wait to see you again!