Wednesday, January 28, 2009

welcome home elder ostler

Friday January 23rd, the day we were anticipating for quite some time. Elder Race Ostler came home from his mission in Brazil. Weeks before his arrival I heard many funny memories about Race as we gathered together as a family. His brothers and sister had many funny stories to tell about him. After every story told the same phase came out of everyone’s mouth “I miss Race” Friday morning we promptly woke and headed to the airport. This would be my first time meeting my brother-in-law and I was a little nervous. We anxiously waited for Elder Ostler to finally arrive after 2 long years. As he came into sight, he ran with his arms stretched out coming to greet us. As he was hugging everyone I thought, do I shake his hand or give him a hug. He came to me and offered a hug. It was so great, it felt like I have always been part of the family. We are so happy to have Race home. He had a lot of fun and interesting stories to tell. We are also proud of him and the time he served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Welcome Home Race!


No comments: