Thursday, January 8, 2009
christmas season
This Christmas season started for Gray and I at the beginning of December when we set off to find the perfect Christmas tree. We hit every tree store from 1600 north in Orem to 800 north in Provo. After going to some stores twice we finally made up our minds and got an almost perfect tree. Unfortunately our almost perfect tree sat with just lights until Gray and I could compromise on it's decor (Gray gets this year and I get next). Shinny colorful balls hung on the tree's lush green branches, while "brown paper packages tied with string" sat underneath on the tree skirt, I so proudly made. Our stockings, that I made as well, hung on our picture of the temple, do to the fact that we don't have a fireplace. With the tree and our holiday decor bringing Christmas joy in our home, we were ready to bring on the festivities. We started it off with hosting our first Christmas party for our friends (details below in the last blog). We had a merry time singing Christmas carols on Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa Ostler's home. Christmas morning was spent together at our own home, then off to the parents. Mine was first. We enjoyed mom's yummy waffles, then to Brad's for the missionary's call home (Graden's brother, Race, is on a mission in Brazil) and a fun family game of acquire. I dominated. Party time again the next day. We hosted yet another party with our Gibby cousins. The next morning, bright and early we headed off the Aunt Suzanne's house for a much, needed, relaxing day with the family. This Christmas year Graden and I made 2 new traditions. First is Denny's on Christmas Eve, second is dressing up Christmas morning to celebrate Jesus Christ birth (I don't think that one will still exist when we have kids). This year was our first Christmas together as a married couple, I am so grateful for Gray and the fun times we spent together making memories that will last.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Great blog! You're a PRO!
I'm also impressed!!!
And I LOVE the picture!!!!
Post a Comment