Monday, September 29, 2008
new neighbors
Yesterday I made cookies for our primary class. We had a lot extra so I took some over to our new neighbors. They moved in about a week ago. It is a single mom with either 3 or 4 girls and a little boy. The first time I met the mom she was so out of it. I was like she had no idea what was going on. I just said, "hi my name is Haley and I live next door with my husband, he is at work right now but you will see him around. What are your names?" Then she just looked at me. So I asked again and she went through the names really fast, I can't remember them. Then I said, "well it is nice to have you guys here." One time she had the light on in her car, so my dad went over to tell her and she had no idea what he was saying. Well first he went to the door and knocked, they had the main door open and the screen door closed so he could see her sitting there. So he knocked and she just sat there with her beer and cigarette. So he knocked again and same thing so he rang the door bell and a kid came to the door. He said the light is on in your truck and she say "What?" he said it again and some thing, "what?" anyways no to go on with this forever. She is crazy. She has this man that is always over. He never wears a shirt, has long messy hair, a long beard and he smokes a pipe. The night we had our BBQ with friends he came out and started to yell at our friend, telling him to move his motorcycle to the road. Then he turned music up really loud in his car and just sat there. Later on we were all in the house talking and hanging out Graden hears him yelling outside so Graden goes out and asks if there is a problem and he waves his had and yells "Honda Boy, Honda Boy" Then Gray asks again "is there a problem" then he said "no, Honda boy, no" then goes in the house. To go on with more. I hear them screaming at each other. The other day the little girl was in our yard crying and someone, I didn't see who, was yelling at her from their front door. The little boy has a different dad from the girls. His aunt came our to our house and asked us if we could keep an eye on the little boy. She said, "If you see anything go on at that house that is not good, please don't hesitate to call the police" She gave us her number and the little boy's grandmothers number to call also. I feel so bad for those kids. At first I was really upset they moved in and I didn't want anything to do with them. But then I thought, that attitude is what gives Mormons a bad name so I decided that I am going to be kind and a good neighbor. I want them to know that I am not going to hate them just because they choose to live differently then me. I feel so bad for those kids. When I saw that little girl out there crying I just wanted to go out and hugs her and tell her to come in to get away from he yelling and negativity. Maybe if I continue to be nice, those kids might feel that they can come over to get away from the bad stuff that goes on at there house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Two words: Gunner Waggamon
You have no idea what a fabulous influence you could have on those kids. Sounds like they need A LOT of love because they aren't getting it from their psycho mother. I'm so glad you are thinking so positively about being somebody they could come to. It makes me cringe when I hear of or see families like that, that treat their children so horribly. Wonder what the lady has been through to become the way she is?!
Post a Comment