Tuesday, September 30, 2008

family reunion

Last weekend we had a Gibby family reunion. The first plan was to have it at the Marriott in Salt Lake but Uncle Arlan had a better a better idea. He just bought a 8,000 square foot home in Mapleton. He is not living in it, in fact the first time he saw it was when we had this reunion and he bought the house like 3 weeks ago. His purpose of buying this house is to knock it down if needed. He owns 120 acers in Mapleton that he would like to develop but the neighborhood below his property will not have it. They doing everything they can think of so he won't be able to develop. Right now he does not have road access to his property so if he demos this house he will have the access he needs. So anyways we had the reunion there and it was a lot of fun. We had dinner then the Aunts prepared a slid show of Grandpa Gibbys life. I learned some pretty cool things like, He was sealed in the Salt Lake Temple by Joseph Fielding Smith and he is 94 years old. They found some home videos and Myra, Graden's mom was on them. It was so cool to see. She was very beautiful. Then we played Gibby Jeopardy. They are a fun family. Here are some pictures of the house. I brought the camera but forgot I had it so these pictures that I have of the house I got off the Internet.










2 comments:

Jenkins said...

Thats CRAZY!!!
Im glad you had fun!

Joni said...

Haley, it has been fun reading your blog! It sounds like you are so happy being married! I admire you for the attitude you have taken about your weird neighbors. You never know what your positive influence can have on the children. Way to go!