Hey! Well this is mostly for mom, because she loves to read blogs and mine has been dead for a while. So here is something for her to read at work. So Graden has been working 10 hour shifts 4 days a week for the last month. I'm afraid that is how it is going to be for awhile. But anyways on his days off we get to spend the whole day together and it is so GREAT! I love it! Last week on his day off we spent almost the whole day working on our house. We are finally almost finished. We put spackle in the nail holes and then sanded them off. The house was so dusty. But now all we have to do is paint the casing and do some touch up paint. Oh wait just kidding. We still need to paint the doors and door ways and I need to get all the paint off the door knobs and hinges. We could just buy new ones but I really want to keep some of the original pieces in the house. I think it gives it charm. Once we are completely finished I get to start putting things on the walls. I already know what I want to put above the couch and I am so excited about it. I'm not going to tell you what it is. You will have to come see for yourself.
For Labor day all my family, including aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents are all going camping. Since we didn't have a tent we had to buy one. Graden had a gift card to Cabela's so we used it and bought ourselves a tent. That night we set it up around 11 pm and slept in it. It was fun. Graden wanted to water the lawn so we had to set it up on the cement so it wasn't not the most comfortable. We left it up for a couple days but then last night the wind blew it over so we decided we better take it down. Yesterday we went over to Aunt Danise's house for Grandma Ostlers birthday. She is 79 years old. We had dinner then cake and ice cream and presents for her. All the Ostler family that lives in Utah was there. I got to meet one of Graden's cousins I still had not met. It was fun. Grandpa Ostler is such a cute man. He was wearing a white Sunday shirt and plaid dress pants that were past his belly button, with a green belt. It was so funny. He is the cutest old man.
Last week at church Graden and I got called to teach the 11 year old boys in primary. They told us they would give us the manual last week but they never did so they did have us teach yesterday. We just sat in the back and watched. It was a lot of fun. The kids are funny, but the primary president is even funnier. She is very extreme. It was fun and I am excited for this new calling.
We just got a new neighbor next door. She is single and has two little boys, who are so cute. Anyways, we know that she was raised LDS because she has talked about it, but she never comes to church. So yeaterday Graden and I invited her to church. It was fun. I felt like a missionary. It was pretty cool. While we were there we found out that she has internet and she gets it for free because her work pays for it. She told us that we could use it for free. So we will be getting free internet! YAY!!
(Sorry there are no pictures. All of our pictures are Graden's laptop at home and we still don't have internet at home. But we will at the end of this week so hopefully Ill have pictures up next week.)
1 comment:
Thanks! You love me! You really love me!
Post a Comment