Monday, August 4, 2008
fasting
Since Sunday was fast Sunday I decided we better fast. Graden is really good; he does the 24 hour fast. I thought I could be good also and fast 24 hours with him. So Saturday we started our fast at 5 p.m. right before I went to work. By the time I got off work I was already hungry. I thought I can make it, its not that hard. In the morning I woke up very excited to eat my bowl of raisin brain (my new favorite food) but then I remembered our fast and decided I better not. As I was getting ready for church my stomach started to cramp and I was convinced that my big guts were eating my little guts! During church I came to the conclusion that it is a lot easier to fast when you are at church because you remember it is for the Lord, but when you are not there it is very hard to put aside those hunger pains. After church we went to my parents house for dinner. (Thank you mom for an amazing dinner, you're great!) Graden has learned that he will never ask me to fast with him again. He said to my parents "I thought I was ornery when I didn’t eat, but when Haley doesn't eat you better watch out!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry Hays!! You take after your mom and sister!!!
Post a Comment