At the end of June there is always a bank convention in Sunvalley, Idaho. This year we got to go. The whole family was going to come but then last minute Melanie, Elliot and Alec could not go. So it was Dad, Mom, Graden and I. We had a lot of fun. We left Saturday stayed in Oakley for one night then on Sunday we went up to Sunvalley till Wednesday. We had a cute and cozy condo to stay in. Monday morning Graden and I got up and went to the pool. When we got back to the condo I got in the shower. When I got in everything was fine for about 30 seconds, and then the water went freezing cold. No one had showered in there for a couple hours so it shouldn't have been cold. I called the front desk and they had someone come out to fix it. Well to make it short they couldn't fix it and so they were going to move us in to this old stinky condo but we talked with them some more and we ended up getting this way nice condo. So it all worked out good. Except I had to go to the Bingo activity without showering. It was still fun though. We got to go on the ski lift and we saw the whole valley. It was so pretty. On the way up it started to get windy and rain. It was so cold. Luckily they had a cabin at the top that we could go in to and by the time we left it was warm again. Another day we just walked around town. We went to a lot of galleries and little shops. We went to the Sheep Skin Shop and dad kept rubbing all the coats because they were so soft and the lady that worked there told him that if he kept rubbing she would have to charge him. It was pretty funny. We also went to the thrift store and we got a cute wreath for our front door. It was only $4. The last night in there they had an ice show and fireworks. The ice show was ice skaters performing. They did a really good job and the fireworks were so good. I love fireworks so I was mesmerized by them. It ended up being a very fun vacation. So we got home on Wednesday and then on Thursday we went camping with friends. We went to this place called Pittsburg Lake. It is up American Fork canyon. You have to drive like an hour and a half in to the canyon then you park and you have an uphill hike for an hour and you have to carry all your stuff with you, your bedding, food and water. It was a lot of fun. The views were beautiful. Graden didn't get off work till later so we were behind everyone. We got up there just as it was getting dark. I had made tinfoil dinners before we left so when we got up there all we had to do is throw it on the fire to warm it up. So we did that then ate marshmallows then went to bed. When I opened my eyes in the morning I was taken aback by how beautiful it was. Last year when the boys went there they found a raft in the lake and they called it the rum runner. So this time they kept talking about the rum runner. So when everyone was just hanging out. Another girl and I went to go find the rum runner. We found it on the side of the lake so we got on and rowed to the other side. After that it started to get stormy but not too bad so we went back to camp and relaxed. Some of the boys went fishing and then swam across the lake. We just all had a fun time.
No comments:
Post a Comment