Friday, June 14, 2013

we're in june

My baby is one and is "walking and talking and swaking" -Graden. He is so much fun but also a lot of work. He is sick and I'm freaked out. I'm sure he will be fine, last year he slept longer than normal so I took him to the ER. I get really FREAKED out when it comes to my baby.

I've been sick too. This week was spent in bed, with my hair all tangled and my shirt up. This momma was opened 24/7 and Rome was in heaven. It kept us both from screaming at each other.

We are in DC for the summer. It's been nice to see Graden's brother and his wife and baby. They are fun and Rome loves his cousin. I told Graden the only reason I would do this stickin job again is because Trent and Amy are out here. We live in a high rise and have a beautiful view. If you wake up really early all you see out the window is white because of the fog.

We bought that house back in October, our first goal to have it completed was Thanksgiving then it was Christmas then Valentines Day, then April 1st. then before I left for the summer which was May 12th. All the big stuff is done, kinda. All we have now are the finishing touches. I was able to move everything from our Springville house over there. Now its just everything from my parents we need to move over. It's a lot harder to do anything when your husband is across the country and you have a baby.

Speaking of my parents, we lived there for almost 2  years and I'm not that excited to leave. I mean, I can't wait to have a whole house to ourselves instead of two bedrooms (and some of the family room). But I actually enjoyed living there. If you know my dad he can talk a lot for many hours and if you really know me you know I can too. We got to spend many nights having very long conversations about a whole lot of nothing, often repeating ourselves. Poor Graden was normally out cold by the time I came to bed. And my mom, I feel my relationship with her has grown and gotten deeper. I can not express how grateful I am for her. Still to this day she will drop everything for her kids and now grandkids as well. I think Rome thinks she is his mother too. As a new mother I couldn't have had more help and a better example of loving your child.  I am very blessed.

Today Rome had a green blowout and I got really worried so I called my sister and she immediately knew what it was, blueberries. She is so smart.

I'm going to continue about my family. My brother is a really cool person. I think he is a lot cooler than I ever will be. You should meet him.

And the best, my husband. He has been extra sweet lately. I feel so loved and spoiled and like I can never thank him enough for working so hard and putting up with me and my confused mind.

I think I'm going to post before and after photos of our work at our house because I'm pretty proud of my husbands handy work. But probaly tomorrow, or in a week, we'll see.

bye!


1 comment:

Lacey Parr said...

Excited to see more before and after photos! Also, Haley we are hanging out more when yall get back!