Dallas is a nice place. It is extremely hot. I thought if I could handle Atlanta humidity then I'd be fine in Dallas. That was a wrong thought. It is barely June and you already can't go outside without soaking your shirt in sweat within 30 seconds. Oh well.
Like I said in an earlier post, we live in a very nice place. We have awesome amenities but, for some reason I am having a hard time being here. I think it is because everything back home was so great. I loved my job. School was stressful but it gave me something to work on. I love living in my house.
I had a hard time saying bye to my students and leaving my house was not a fun thing (you'd think I would be use to it by now). School was easy to leave. I guess I'm just homesick, but I am trying to make the best of this summer.
Here are some photos of Dallas. Sorry they are not that good. I am not a good photographer, that is something that I leave up to Graden, he is a lot better at it than I am. I took these photos while we were driving home one night, with my cell phone. That should explain why the quality is so low.
Like I said in an earlier post, we live in a very nice place. We have awesome amenities but, for some reason I am having a hard time being here. I think it is because everything back home was so great. I loved my job. School was stressful but it gave me something to work on. I love living in my house.
I had a hard time saying bye to my students and leaving my house was not a fun thing (you'd think I would be use to it by now). School was easy to leave. I guess I'm just homesick, but I am trying to make the best of this summer.
Here are some photos of Dallas. Sorry they are not that good. I am not a good photographer, that is something that I leave up to Graden, he is a lot better at it than I am. I took these photos while we were driving home one night, with my cell phone. That should explain why the quality is so low.



Because Graden served his mission here he knew of this yummy restaurant called Freebirds. It is a burrito shop. You make your own burrito kind of like subway but with burritos.
We live basically, right across the street from a large mall. So that is good news for me. There is also a grocery store across the street. I haven't shopped there yet because it is quite expensive. We call it a designer market. You will only see very expensive cars in the parking lot.
Today at the pool we saw Ryan Cabrera. He was just hanging out. That made us feel pretty cool about living here. My friend got a picture with him.
The ward is ok. It is very transit. Not a lot of people stay there very long. It's at 9 am, not the greatest time for us summer people who normally sleep in late.
On Sundays the Vivint people meet down at the pool and have a BBQ. That has been fun to hang out with all of our friends.
Graden and I work out every morning together. Its nice. I enjoy it.
I have been working with Graden. I go out with him every other day. I do the programming while he drills the holes. At first it was hard but it is getting more fun every time. I feel like I am getting pretty good at it. Also it is fun to meet the people of Dallas.
I guess that is my Dallas experience so far.
Today at the pool we saw Ryan Cabrera. He was just hanging out. That made us feel pretty cool about living here. My friend got a picture with him.
The ward is ok. It is very transit. Not a lot of people stay there very long. It's at 9 am, not the greatest time for us summer people who normally sleep in late.
On Sundays the Vivint people meet down at the pool and have a BBQ. That has been fun to hang out with all of our friends.
Graden and I work out every morning together. Its nice. I enjoy it.
I have been working with Graden. I go out with him every other day. I do the programming while he drills the holes. At first it was hard but it is getting more fun every time. I feel like I am getting pretty good at it. Also it is fun to meet the people of Dallas.
I guess that is my Dallas experience so far.

1 comment:
I usually like to meet people before I do them too :)
Love you Hays!!!!
Post a Comment