Monday, July 7, 2008

the proposal

It was the week of our sixth month of dating. The whole week Graden had been acting weird. Normally we see each other every day and we had only seen each other once that week. He kept saying, I just want to be home, it feels good to be home. I was so annoyed. Thursday was the day of six months and we didn't see each other. On Friday he called me and said that his mission friend got married and he wanted to go to the reception and then everyone was getting together at a friend's cabin to play games. So Friday he came to pick me up and I was so mad. I kept getting upset about stupid stuff. We arrived to the reception and while we where there we made up and I was not mad. I remember while we were talking to the groom's parents Graden said, "you know, maybe someday we will be in their shoes" We got some food then left on our way to the cabin. On the way there I fell asleep so when I woke up and found out that Graden was lost I couldn't help him because I didn't know where we were. So we drove all over trying to find his friend's cabin. We had been there before (it is where we has our first kiss). We knew we were in the right area. The cabin is kind of hidden down in the trees and so you have to go down a skinny steep road to get to it. We found a skinny steep road but it didn't look quite right, but after 30 minutes of driving around we went down it and...got stuck! Graden tried so hard to get us out but the car would not budge. I knew something was up because we normally didn't stay out that late. I could tell he was frustrated so I was being very positive. Finally we got out and started to walk around trying to find the cabin. After about another 30 of looking and going up and down snowy hills Gray said, my friends really are not up here, I came up here earlier today and put your ring where we had our first kiss. We had our first kiss 6 months ago today!After he told me I was even more determined to find the cabin because my ring was there. This whole time I kept praying that we would find it that night so Gray wouldn't be disappointed and I really wanted to be officially engaged. So after that we searched for about another hour. We even called Weston to have him look on the internet for a map of where the cabin is. We were freezing cold and decided to go back to the jeep and just sleep in the back and in the morning Weston was going to come get us. Well at 3 in the morning some one knocked on the car window. It scared us both. Graden opened the door and there was Weston and Brad was at the top of the hill in the car. Graden called Weston around 1 am normally Brad goes to bed around 10 or 11 but he said for some reason he felt like he needed to stay up so he did. So when Weston told him that we were stuck in the mountains He was out right away coming to get us. When I heard that I knew my prayer was answered. I am so thankful for Brad. Brad and Weston tried to get the car out but had no luck. So we got in the car and Graden told them he need to find the cabin so he drove. Well we found it. It was down the only street we didn't go down. The reason we didn't go down it was because I thought it was the road we came up on. So we walked down to the cabin, well actually ran! He told me what he was going to do. We were going to get there and no one would be there (of course) so he would call his friend and his friend would tell him there is a key on the electrical box. Then he was going to ask me if I would get it and so I would reach up and find my ring. We kind of did it that way, well I just reach up and got the ring. I was so excited. He took the ring from me and asked me if I would marry him of course I said yes! I said yes even before he asked. Then he put the ring on my finger. We went back to the car, Brad and Weston had no idea what was going on. So we just started to drive home. When we got to Graden's house we told them and they were excited for us. Then Gray took me home. It was not the night he planned but it is a night we will never forget.

No comments: