Thursday, July 5, 2012

remember the plan


Graden is working in Seattle so we will be apart for 6 weeks until the baby is born then "The plan is that I will be induced so Graden can be here for the birth. He'll stay here a week with the baby and me then go back to work. A week later, after the baby's two week appointment the baby and I will fly to Seattle so we can all be together, as our new little family. 
(hopefully our plan will work)" -April 28th

Ha! 
the joke is on us, it didn't work.

I had the hardest time leaving Graden in Seattle and being home without him 
not even a week of being apart my body decides to start to kill its self (unplan)
so the baby comes 6 weeks early (unplan), c-section (unplan)
Graden makes it for the birth (plan) and gets to stay almost a full week (almost the plan)
The baby has to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks (unplan) 
The doctor suggest the baby does not travel (unplan) 
so our new little family is apart and will be for  a total of 2 months (unplan)

things never work as you plan
I knew it and I know it 
but I never thought our plan would be crinkled up and thrown in the garbage

It's funny how things work out. 

Although this has all been difficult I am so grateful for what I have been blessed with like, 
my sweet little boy 
a healthy baby (he just needed time in the hospital to finish developing)
a husband that misses us like crazy
 a husband that is working and sacrificing to support his family
generous parents
helpful parents 
comfort and strength from my Father in Heaven
smart, knowledgeable, kind doctors and nurses
skills and knowledge I gained from spending 2 weeks in the NICU
outpouring of love  and support we received from family and friends
technology (FaceTime)
a place to live with people I love (instead of doing this alone)
missing the dreaded last weeks of pregnancy 

It could be a lot worse

No comments: