Monday, June 11, 2012

baby gear

Before Rome came I didn't know what to buy for him. I searched the internet and read many reviews. I appreciated when I found blogs where people talked about what they bought and how they liked the product. So here I go.

Note, appearance plays a big role in my purchases.

maxi cosi mico.
I like this carseat because it has decent padding. That was something that was very important to me. I also like this seat because it is light weight. I went with the red simply because it was $80 cheaper than the black. So far I have really liked it. Rome seems to really like it. He goes to sleep every time I put him in it. A lot of the reviews said it is hard to click in and out of the base. I had problems with it at first but once I figured it out I haven't had any more issues. 
bugaboo bee.
I was so excited for this stroller. I did a lot of research on strollers. I ended up going with the bugaboo bee because it is light weight, the seat can be turned so the baby faces you, it can be used with a brand-new baby, and it can be a travel system with the carseat. I haven't put Rome in it yet but my sister and brother-in-law used it at sea world with my nephew. They really like it and my nephew enjoyed riding in it. 
bjorn babysitter.
I was trying to get as little gear as possible because we are kind of floaters at this time. After having Rome home I found I really needed something to place him in during the day so I could do more than sit around. I would carry him around the house in his little bed (pictured below).  As I searched I found the bjorn babysitter had the best reviews. Some bouncers are more like seats because they are stiff, Rome can already make this seat bounce. It has three different positions which is nice as the baby grows. Rome is technically too small for it but we use it anyways. He looks tiny in it.


brica fold n go travel bassinet.
We haven't bought a crib because we are in transit (Gray is seattle and myself and Rome at my parents).  At first I wanted Phil and Teds Nest but nixed it and went with the brica for a few reasons. First, the sides are not as high and mesh so I can see my sweet babe as he sleeps next to me and it is easier to get him out for those late night feedings. Second,  it is lighter and more compact. Third it was more than half the price of the Phil and Teds Nest. Over all I have really liked it. Rome likes it sometimes, he has been sleeping better when he is in bed with me (I know, thats not a good habit to start).
puj tub.
I have loved this tub. I was not sure about it at first because I don't know how long the baby will fit in it but I really have loved it. The foam is so soft and cushy. It is so easy to use and clean. I thought I would want to bath my baby in the tub but the sink has been really nice, my knees and back don't get sore. Rome loves baths so he has enjoyed this product as well. 
innobaby nursin smart bottle.
I bought these randomly. I like them though. They are made with medical grade silicone which is nonporous so bacteria can't grow in it.  The nipple is flexible to be more like the mother. The main reason I bought them is because they can grow with the baby. They come with different lids so Rome can still use these when he is a toddle as a sippy cup. 
ummy pacifier.
This paccy is pretty cool, at least I think so. It is all organic, made from sustainable raw material produced from tree sap from the rubber tree. People ask me if I went with it because I want to be organic, honestly I just wanted something different, being organic is a plus though. We have loved it. It was perfect because the nipple is small so when Rome was at his tinniest he was still able to suck on it. Rome loves it and has it in his mouth more than he doesn't. t I love the handle,  Rome already holds on to it. 
aden and anais bamboo swaddle.
I have loved these swaddles. I have a regular one and the bamboo ones. The bamboo ones are better. They are so soft! Rome becomes the perfect little bundle in these.




petunia pickle bottom scout walkabout carrier.
My in-laws just got this for me. I am very excited about it. I haven't used it yet. I tried it on and it was very comfortable.  I'll have to write more about it after I use it. 


No comments: