Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Spirit



My brother put this on his blog so I watched and it made me cry. I'm such a boob! The message is touching but what makes me really cry is that I miss my brother. We just need him home with us! Not really because he is doing great things on his mission and he is so happy but we just need him, you know. He makes everyone happy. With all the trials and things going on I just can't help but think if he were home he could fix it all. He just has this way about him that is just so comforting. I wish I could go in his room and he'll be sitting there on his computer and I could tell him how stressed I am and how stupid my assignments are and he would say, "yeah, I'm sorry, that really sucks." He is the greatest listener. Ok, I'm done with my sobbing. Let's all remember the true meaning of Christmas this year. Just take off the -mas.

3 comments:

Preston and Kara said...

Very insightful. Preston and I were just talking not even two hours ago about how unfortunate it is when people try to abbreviate the word "Christmas" and they take out the whole meaning of the word by writing or saying "xmas".
We will be sure to keep this sweet message in mind as we celebrate the birth of His Son the Christmas season. Thank you for sharing.

Alec will be home in no time and until then hopefully his letters home can be a reminder of how much our Savior is listening and trying to comfort you always especially at the most difficult of times. I am positive Alec is thinking of and praying for you always.

I miss you Haley and hope you and Graden are well and happy. Merry Christmas!

Courtney and Hyrum said...

I am sitting here crying. Loved that! Thank you for posting it.

jenny said...

Thanks for sharing this Haley :) I used the quote from President Monson at the end for a handout in RS.