Every year Graden and his friends or brothers stay out all night in lines for the great deals on Black Friday. At 8:30 Thanksgiving night Graden and our friends went to Target to get in line. They were the first in line. I had to work so I wanted to go to bed early so I would be ready for the craziness the next day. I went home and crawled in to bed all alone in our scary old house. Well it is not really scary, I just get scared easy. I couldn't sleep so at 3:45 I got up and got ready and called Graden to meet up with him. He was at Walmart with his dad. There were some 10.2mp cameras for $69 that Graden wanted to get. Since Walmart is open 24/7 what they do is put all the door buster items in big bins wrapped in saran wrap in the hallways. At 5 a.m. they let everybody go for the items. I got to Walmart at 4:50 and got around the bin of cameras. At 5 they said we could go for them so everyone stuck their hand in trying to grab these cameras. I put my hand in to grab one and someone bit my arm. This crazy girl in front of me did not want me to get a camera. I was getting pushed all around and my purse got knocked off my arm on to the ground. It was insane. But I got the cameras, 2 of them. Luckily went I got bit I was wearing a thick coat but it still left bite marks on my arm. After Walmart we met up with our friends at Target in the front of the line. Everyone was so excited. A reported for the Daily Harold came and interviewed to us and took pictures. We had a game plan, I was with Christina to get the $3 DVDs, Kylie, Morgan and Dane were on the i-pod docks, Steve and Devin were after the the GPS systems and Graden was going to get the DVD player. It was so much fun. Everyone was so excited. Christina and I got a cart and filled it with DVDs then we all met up with our stuff and got what we wanted. We managed to get everything we were after. After Target Graden and I went to Lowe's and got a shop vac for $30. Then I was off to work for a 9 hour day with crazy costumers. I got to work at 7:45 and there were people waiting outside the door. I couldn't believe that people were waiting for Shade. We were busy all day. We had lines out the door. Over all it was a fun day. It was my first year ever dealing with the crazy crowds and I am excited to do it again next year.
Here are the pictures from the Daily Harold.

(left to right) Christina Stiles, Haley Ostler and Graden Ostler plan their goal items to pick up during the Black Friday sales events at Target in Orem on Friday, November 28, 2008. Haley Ostler went to the earlier sales at Wal-Mart while Graden waited in the line at Target and says the scene there was chaotic. "I was reaching in for this camera and as I stuck my hand in this girl bit me. Then boxes were flying everywhere. It was crazy."

Kylie Thomas was the first shopper to run into Target in an attempt to get all the best deals of the Black Friday sales on Friday, November 28, 2008. Thomas and a group of her friends began waiting in line at the store at 8:30 p.m. the night prior to ensure the their place at the front of the line. The group had a team of shoppers each with specific goal items. "We have someone on iPods, someone on garments, someone for a DVD player and a GPS," said Thomas. "I haven't been this excited since middle school. It is going to be like Christmas ripping through all the wrapping paper."
1 comment:
That is crazy! I can't believe someone actually bit you! I swear, people just keep getting greedier and greedier! Miss you Hays, let's play soon!
Post a Comment